BE A HERO!
Bring Legends of the Knight to a theater near you
You pick the date, time, and place, and Tugg will reserve the theater and handle all of the technical logistics. You just invite the attendees!
The revenues our studio receives from the screening will be donated to the charity you choose. You will be able to share an inspiring film with your community and allow every attendee to be a superhero in the process!
This page is for hosting a screening at local movie theater in the U.S.
- set-up a screening in a different venue,
- request a FREE screening license for charitable or educational use, or
- to host a screening outside the U.S.,
LEARN MORE HERE
Once Tugg.com reserves the theater, they will create a personalized Event Page for your screening. This Event Page will provide all the details and allow people to pre-order tickets. Ticket prices are usually set between $10 to $15.
There is NO cost to request a Theatrical Screening of the “Legends of the Knight” in your community. There are NO hidden fees involved. And multiple screenings can be requested for the same city. However there is one important requirement…
Although the theater is reserved for your screening, it is required that the screening pre-sell a certain amount of tickets within 7 days of the event date to be confirmed. This insures that the costs of the screening will be covered.
So, once your Event Page is live, it’s up to you as the “Promoter” to spread the word to your community and let people know the event will only take place if enough tickets – the “threshold” – are reserved within 7 days of the screening. Once enough tickets are sold, your event will be confirmed and you can sit back and enjoy the show! If there aren’t enough tickets sold, then no one will be charged for the reservation, and the screening will be called off.
For your reference, you can read an overview of how the financials work HERE.
To help you through the process, here’s a step-by-step guide to create a successful Theatrical Event. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Tugg team at email@example.com.
Step #1: Request & Launch Your Screening
- To begin, fill out an Event Request Form at http://www.tugg.com/become-a-promoter/legends-of-the-knight.
- Notice that at the bottom of the Event Request Page, there is a space for “Fundraising.” Our goal is for each of our theatrical screenings to raise funds for a local charity, so we hope you will click this box so your attendees can have the opportunity to contribute additional funds when they purchase their tickets online.
- It may take 5 to 7 working days for Tugg to correspond with the theaters in your area and work out the logistics launching your event page and ticket sales. Hang in there while they do their work.
- Tugg recommends picking a date at least 30-35 days in the future for your screening. This allows them time to properly schedule the event and you plenty of time to share and promote the screening.
- Because theaters are busiest on Friday & Saturday, we recommend that your screening be on a Sunday to Thursday evening at 7:30pm. Because the theaters expect their theaters to be more full on the weekends, the required minimum number of pre-sell tickets is ALWAYS higher on the weekends.
- Once your date is confirmed, you will receive an Event Page. It is ideal to include info about your Charity Partner on this page so people understand the spirit of the screening.
Step #2: Spreading the Word!
Once you’ve received your event page, it’s time to spread the word and insure that enough tickets are reserved before the deadline!
- Start by reading this page about Sharing Your Screening, which includes ideas for reaching out to your friends, family, and organizations via email, social media, and traditional outreach. Also, take a look as these Sample Facebook & Twitter Posts we have created for you.
- Let our team know about your screening by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will add your screening to our website & share it on Facebook & Twitter!
- Tugg Messaging – Our friends at Tugg have created tools to help you communicate with those who reserve tickets – Check out this Guide to Tugg Messaging to learn how to message your attendees
- To make communicating easier, we have prepared these Email Templates for Family & Friends and Community Groups.
- You can also also get in touch with your local media using this Sample Press Release. Additional images you may need for promoting the screening are located in our Press Kit on our Press Page.
- If you’d like to create a Facebook Event Page, you can use these images for your Banner and Profile Picture. Click these links and then “Save As” to download them.
- Work with your Charity Partner for the event. Ask them to share the event with their friends and followers via email and social networks.
- If you have contacts with local companies, ask if they would be interested in ‘sponsoring’ the screening by buying a block of tickets to give to their employees. This allows them to support a community event, help a charity, and give their employees a perk at a relatively low cost.
Step #4: The Day of the Event
- It is ideal to have a representative from your Charity Partner at the screening to say a few words before the film begins and to personally connect with your audience.
- We recommend sharing a short introduction just before the movie begins. Take a look at our Sample Event Introduction for ideas on what to include during your introduction prior to the screening.
- If you’d like, hand out Sign Up Sheets to collect the contact info of attendees. Scan & email us the list you collected, and we will send every attendee a THANK YOU for attending the event & a special discount code for purchasing any items on our website.
- Take a picture of you and your audience holding a “WE ARE BATMAN” sign. After the event, email your photo to email@example.com and we will post in on our social media accounts! You can also tag it on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or Instagram with #WEareBATMAN or @BatmanFilm.
Step #5: After the Event
- Now that your event is complete, you can follow up with your attendees by sending them a message with the Promoter Messaging tool on Tugg.com. You can use the Follow Up Message Template.
- Be sure to tag #WEareBATMAN and @BatmanFilm in all of your Social Media messages about the event.